With just over a week to go until the 2019 AGM, Sunday 17th November 10am (one hour before ClayStation#7 with Amy Kennedy) at Lot 19. First of all thank you to all the people who have expressed interest in helping out in some way.
There will be a number of Committee positions open for renewal and you can see the role descriptions below.
We have three office-bearers retiring from their positions:
Vice-President (current Committee member, Mark Mason has been nominated for this role)
We also have two general committee member roles open for nominations. If anyone would like to be nominated for these roles we can send your nomination forms to fill out before the AGM. Any member can nominate someone for a Committee position. If you can't attend the AGM but are a member (or willing to become one) and would still like to be considered for one of these roles, please email us a short written bio with your interest and any relevant experience (ceramics, committee membership or other), together with the completed nomination form, and it can be read out for members to vote on at the meeting.
For your information, the following are descriptions of the roles available.
The role of the Treasurer is to be responsible for the financial supervision of the Club to allow the Committee to provide good governance. The Treasurer is responsible to regularly report on the Club‘s financial status to both the Committee and the Club members.
· Good Organisational Skills
· Has some financial expertise
· Ability to maintain accurate records
· Dedicated Club Person
· Computer skills
· Good communication skills
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
· Provide advice to the Committee in their management of the Club finances
· Administer all financial affairs of the Club
· Research and apply for grants
· Lead the annual budget process and ensure an appropriate annual budget is provided to the Committee for approval
· Ensure development and Committee review of financial policies and procedures
· Support any required auditing processes
· Receipt of all incoming monies
· Bank all monies received
· Pay all accounts
· Maintain accurate records of all income and expenditure
· Ensure that all receipts and payments concur with bank deposits and withdrawals
· Monthly financial reports – present at monthly committee meetings
· Arrange and despatch invoices for periodical payment
· Issue yearly or ½ yearly membership fee
· Keep accurate record of all membership payments
· Be a signatory on club account
The Secretary should:
be organised have computer skills
be a good communicator
be able to keep confidential matters confidential.
The more standard duties include: (previously Public Officer)
(1) Notify Consumer Affairs of the Secretary appointment or a change of the Secretary’s details
(2) Notify Consumer Affairs of a change of the association’s registered address by lodging a Change of Association Details form. No fee is required.
(3) Within 1 month after the annual general meeting, lodge an Annual Statement and other required financial documents with the prescribed fee.
3.1 Obtain from Treasurer Annual Income and Expenditure Statement and Assets and Liability Statement
(4) Apply to Consumer Affairs for approval to alter your rules within 28 days after the alteration was passed by special resolution. An Application for Alteration of Rules or Purpose must be lodged with the prescribed fee.
More unusual duties that can arise:
(5) Apply to the Registrar for approval of a name change within 1 month after passing a special resolution. An Application for Change of Association Name must be lodged with the prescribed fee.
(6) Notify the Consumer Affairs of a special resolution in relation to wind up and distribution of the assets of the association.
Administrative roles include:
· Maintain committee and club records
· Manage Minutes of Committee meetings
· Develop meeting agendas in consultation with other Committee members and distribute prior to the meeting
· Be familiar with all current Club documents
· Be responsible for ensuring that accurate and sufficient documentation exists to meet legal requirements
· Enable and authorise people to help with the Committee's business. This includes signing a copy of the final approved Minutes and ensuring that the signed copy is maintained
· Ensure that the records of the Club are maintained as required by law and made available when required by authorised persons. These records may include founding documents, lists of Committee members, Committee meeting Minutes, financial reports, and other official records
· Ensure that official records are maintained of members of the Club and Committee. He / she ensures that these records are available when required for reports, elections, referenda, other votes, etc.
· Provide an up-to-date copy of the Constitution and bylaws at all meetings.
· Ensure that proper notification is given of Committee and Club meetings as specified in the rules
· Manage the general correspondence of the Committee except for such correspondence assigned to others
· Help and lead the Committee in providing systematic communication from the Committee to Club members and other relevant stakeholders
· Provide a summary of Committee Minutes for distribution to all Club members via website and noticeboards
· The Secretary may also be the nominated person to receive and file relevant Police Check records or Working with Children documentation.
You can download the role descriptions as well as the nomination form (when it appears) from our Downloadspage.